Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) and Mid-Atlantic clean energy company Sun Tribe have announced that 67 of the district’s high school students received scholarships for dual-enrollment technical courses at Tidewater Community College (TCC) for the 2023-2024 school year.
Gifted Visual Arts Program
The Gifted Visual Arts Program, grades 6th - 8th, is located at Virginia Beach Middle School. These students have the opportunity to participate in the Visual Arts Program as part of their regular school schedule and the Gifted Visual Arts Program will be embedded in the middle school student’s schedule.
With the introduction of advanced courses at the middle school level in the early 1990’s, including high school credit courses, maintaining a balance between academic achievement and the development of artist talents has been a challenge for many students in grades 6th - 8th. Because Virginia Beach City Public Schools is committed to the development of artist talents and abilities in both academic and artistic areas, the Gifted Visual Arts Program at Virginia Beach Middle School has been designed to support students in both their academic and art development.
For more information, please visit the VBCPS Gifted Dance and Visual Arts Programs page.
- How Will Middle School Students Receive Gifted Visual Arts Services in This Model?
- Will the Students in Grades 6-8 Have the Option of Attending Middle Schools Other than Virginia Beach Middle School and Still Attend the Gifted Visual Arts Program?
- Will Transportation Be Provided by the School Division?
- If Students Are Already Identified as Gifted in the Visual Arts, Do They Need to Reapply for Grades 6-8?
- What Supplies Will Be Necessary?